The good, bad and ugly aspects of merchandising. What is it really like out there?
By J. Bonet
Some of the timeframing calculations are so off the mark. The job timeframe is 4 hours and 30 minutes, but in reality it takes 8 hours.
Indus, TruSpec liked this
By CLASS CLOWN
ive been lucky, generally under time with most companies - only issue with one is team resets - i always end up working with turtles
By rbarnitt
I usually find that they overestimate the time required. Issue with this is the pay, if a flat rate for each location it is great, if an hourly rate, then I always get screwed because I am more efficient and get the job done completely but quicker. Therefore I get paid less than people who aren't as efficient or pad their time for doing the exact same work and project.
By sack99
When I started over 27 years ago, I was told by the Vice president of the very first company that I worked for to claim the whole time that the job stated. I.E: if it stated 8 hours and I got done in 6 hours, to report the whole 8 hours. As he said that the company is charging the client for the 8 hours and if you only report 6 hours then that is 2 hours" free money" for the company.
By 3PLGuy
There should be a universal industry policy that if you can complete the work and maintain reasonable quality that you get paid for the job at the posted rate/time. If you are an employee your hourly rate would adjust accordingly. For example, if the job is 4 hours at $10/hr... But you finish it in 2 - then you get paid $20/hr for 2 hours. Same total pay, but the rate adjusts. Now if you do a crap job then you would get paid for the $10/hr rate and suffer the consequences of doing a crap job. The industry is really failing us.
By Savvy Swapper
I've never heard of getting paid $20 an hour if you get the job done in 2 hours not 4 hours. Out of all the companies I work for that's not a thing. I read all papers and policies bc they are very informative and that is not stated anywhere. If you get $10 an hour as an employee and complete a 4 hour job in 2 hours your going home with $20 nothing more nothing less crap job or not. There might be other reasons as to why you got the 4 hour job done in 2 hours like lack of products and/or materials and even with them lacking you do everything else and the store has to complete the rest later when the product comes in and your job is complete.
By Savvy Swapper
Oh I read that wrong. Not having a good day today and trying to get my mind off things so my focus is off
Worst company

I was told in 2017 I got the job with them. I was […]

Has anyone worked/working for this company? I have[…]

I am sorry but as stated, this is not my geography[…]

What to wear?

Companies that I work for say to wear a" gol[…]