The good, bad and ugly aspects of merchandising. What is it really like out there?
By J. Bonet
Some of the timeframing calculations are so off the mark. The job timeframe is 4 hours and 30 minutes, but in reality it takes 8 hours.
Indus, TruSpec liked this
By CLASS CLOWN
ive been lucky, generally under time with most companies - only issue with one is team resets - i always end up working with turtles
By rbarnitt
I usually find that they overestimate the time required. Issue with this is the pay, if a flat rate for each location it is great, if an hourly rate, then I always get screwed because I am more efficient and get the job done completely but quicker. Therefore I get paid less than people who aren't as efficient or pad their time for doing the exact same work and project.
By sack99
When I started over 27 years ago, I was told by the Vice president of the very first company that I worked for to claim the whole time that the job stated. I.E: if it stated 8 hours and I got done in 6 hours, to report the whole 8 hours. As he said that the company is charging the client for the 8 hours and if you only report 6 hours then that is 2 hours" free money" for the company.
By 3PLGuy
There should be a universal industry policy that if you can complete the work and maintain reasonable quality that you get paid for the job at the posted rate/time. If you are an employee your hourly rate would adjust accordingly. For example, if the job is 4 hours at $10/hr... But you finish it in 2 - then you get paid $20/hr for 2 hours. Same total pay, but the rate adjusts. Now if you do a crap job then you would get paid for the $10/hr rate and suffer the consequences of doing a crap job. The industry is really failing us.

Gardenvision has been added to the Dedicated Brand[…]

Experienced Merchandiser available in West Plains […]

Merchandising Jobs

I TRIED 8 TIMES ON TUESDAY TO SUBMIT THIS APPLICA[…]

Hi I'm new here

You can register on Marco Polo Jobs (a recruiting […]